Music and Rafting
Our Idaho Music and Rafting Trips
Our “Pickin’ On the Salmon” music and rafting trips feature select musicians such as Tim Bluhm and Greg Loiacono of the Mother Hips, Todd Sheaffer of Railroad Earth, Bill Nershi of Stringcheese Incident to name a few, and sometimes full bands such as the Infamous Stringdusters, Hot Buttered Rum, Frank Solivan and Dirty Kitchen, and Cabinet to name a few. Regardless of the musical makeup the guests quickly fall in love with this added special bonus to our normal Idaho rafting trips.
The musicians are full participants in the trip and like all of our guests take advantage of all of the opportunities our river trips offer such as hiking, visiting cultural sites and points of natural wonder, fly fishing for native Westslope cutthroat trout, making new friends, soaking in natural hot springs, etc. The running of the trip is like all of our other great trips, the only difference being we will be treated to professional musicians performing their art in one of the more inspiring places possible, the along the Salmon in the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness Area.
2023 Pickin’ On The Salmon Line Up:
- Jillian and Bill Nershi with Scott Law – August 15-20, 2023
- Tim Bluhm of The Mother Hips with The Coffis Brothers – August 16 -21, 2023
- Members of the Infamous Stringdusters – August 23 -28, 2023
What you’ll see
- Natural hot springs such as Sheepeater Hot Springs, Sunflower, Loon Creek
- Fly fishing for native Westslope cutthroat trout
- Native American cultural sites including pictographs, house depressions, hunting blinds
- European American cultural sites including homesteads, mining sites, trappers cabins
- Wildlife including Rocky Mountain bighorn sheep, mule deer, river otter, osprey, bald eagles
- Points of natural wonder including, Veil Cave, Rattlesnake Cave, Johnson Point
- Learn about the environment with daily presentations by the crew on flora and fauna, history, geology, salmon and steelhead
Reviews from our guests
There is no way to put into words or pictures what this trip really is! Special people, the crew, musicians and guests alike, with the backdrop of stunning canyon walls echoing the sounds of string music. An experience of a lifetime for sure and one that will never be forgotten.
Kari T., Madison, WI
ANSWERS TO ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS
HOW DO YOU KEEP THE INSTRUMENTS DRY?
DO THE MUSICIANS PLAY A “SET” EACH NIGHT?
CAN I BRING AN INSTRUMENT?
GET IN TOUCH
Let’s get you on the river
We can tailor all the details of a Salmon River trip to your group. We will handle every detail. All your group needs to do is sit back and soak in the wonders of the river.