Wine and Rafting
Our Idaho Wine and Rafting Trips On The Salmon River
Our wine rafting trips are no different than any of our other fantastic trips on the Middle Fork, we have ample time during the day to explore, hike, visit points of interest, fly fish, etc. The only difference being you will enjoy river wine tasting at the end of the day. The river wine tasting will include select wines from a specific winery and have on hand a representative of that winery to discuss what makes their wines so special. The individual winery provides the wine and discussion, Idaho River Adventures provides the crew, gear and boats, and Mother Nature provides the Middle Fork of the Salmon River and the surrounding Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness Area to enjoy a special time with good friends and family.
What you’ll see
- Natural hot springs such as Sheepeater Hot Springs, Sunflower, Loon Creek
- Fly fishing for native Westslope cutthroat trout
- Native American cultural sites including pictographs, house depressions, hunting blinds
- European American cultural sites including homesteads, mining sites, trappers cabins
- Wildlife including Rocky Mountain bighorn sheep, mule deer, river otter, osprey, bald eagles
- Points of natural wonder including, Veil Cave, Rattlesnake Cave, Johnson Point
- Learn about the environment with daily presentations by the crew on flora and fauna, history, geology, salmon and steelhead
Reviews from our guests
We cannot recommend the wine and rafting trip enough. The river and canyon is a special place to enjoy. We have traveled twice with Idaho River Adventures and Chappellet Vineyard and Winery and magnificent wines Chappellet produces as any place and we will join another one of these trips in a heartbeat.
Michelle W, San Francsico, CA
Not sure there is a better way to spend a week! Floating down the most pristine river in the most pristine setting away from all outside distractions with family and friends. And to have the best wine anywhere was an added bonus. Bravo to Idaho River Adventures for putting this together.
Steve W. Philadelphia, PA
ANSWERS TO ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS
CAN WE BRING OUR KIDS?
Yes. These trips are meant to be available and comfortable to anyone who wants to participate.
I LOVE WINE BUT MY PARTNER DOES NOT, WILL THEY BE COMFORTABLE ON THE TRIP?
Very much so! The wine aspect is a very low keyed portion of the trip and like with any other activities on our trips nothing is required. We have non-drinkers as part of our crew and would not provide these trips if it made anyone uncomfortable.
IS THERE WINE AVAILABLE DURING LUNCH?
No. Our policy, for safety reasons, is to not provide alcohol during the day.
IS THERE A NEVER ENDING SUPPLY OF WINE?
No. We pack a bit more than we would on our non-winery specific trips but we do not have room to bring an unlimited supply, nor do we want to. We will have plenty for folks to have a number of glasses each night but once the supply is out it is out!